Friday, January 7, 2011

Small Hang-ups

Before Christmas, I was in an accident with the tracking van. The gentleman with the wrecker assured me that if I was going to be in an accident, I chose the right kind: the one you walk away from.

New valuable life lesson: don't brave hills covered with black ice. Get a hotel. It's worth it.

Since then, I've been tracking cranes around Hiwassee for the past 2 weeks in a Rental Car. Yeah, it's a little cramped, but it is SO nice to have a vehicle that can accelerate. AND come to a full stop within a 1/4 mile.

Because it's taking so long to get the tracking van fixed, my boss decided to fly me up to Wisconsin to work on data analysis and data entry. When my van is out of the shop, I'll return to Tennessee to pick it up and continue tracking. I can't wait to get back down there to see how my cranes are doing. Though really, they are probably doing the same thing they're always doing: foraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment