Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weird...

I was sitting in the yard with baby Saganaki (see sleepy time chick), feeding him. I was sitting with my legs tucked under me and my left arm supporting my weight behind me.

I felt a brief touch on my left hand, but I didn't worry about it, it could be a grasshopper landing on me or something like. Maybe I just imagined it...

I was offering a pellet to Saganaki when I DEFINITELY felt a nudge. It was kind of like I was being nosed/investigated, because it was kind of like a double nudge and a little nibble. I started, scaring Saga a little. I looked around, and this is what I saw:


















He didn't run away from me! He just stood there as though trying to figure out what I was. I'm sure if I wasn't in the crane costume, this would never have happened.

Or maybe he saw that I was handing out free food to the little chick, so maybe he'd get in on the action.

I don't know. Either way, it kind of made my day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG GROUND SQUIRREL! Ridiculously cute. It would've made my day too :)

    ReplyDelete