Sunday, February 27, 2011

Taking a walk at Armstrong Bend

Stay with me, folks! I have a lot of backlogged thoughts that I just need time to write up.

Tonight, I took a brief run/ exploration walk around Armstrong Bend: the place I stay while I'm tracking birds in Tennessee.

I mapped out my route for you. It was SO AMAZINGLY beautiful that I had to take pictures so I could share it with you. Sorry, they're just pictures from my phone.


First, I ran (purposefully avoiding running in a straight line) down from the refuge along Armstrong Ferry Road.

I was distracted by the beautiful shoreline near an RV campsite. I sat down on culvert to enjoy the view.



After I stood up, I realized that the culvert was built to allow water flow from a little inlet... or slough. I walked in along the slough, enjoying the sunset over the west side of the peninsula.
 There were all sorts of shells washed up in the slough (for those unfamiliar with this term, it's pronounced "slew").

It was getting dark, so I started heading back to the farmhouse, but I was sidetracked again by the gorgeous sunset over the hills of the farm. It was such a gentle warmth and the light breeze smelled so fresh it felt like summer evening!





 Thanks for taking a walk with me, I'll talk to you again soon!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment