Monday, November 1, 2010

Pepper Jack's Jaunt to Independence

Oh Pepper Jack,

If only you would stay with the other chicks. There's something called safety in numbers, you know. When you go haring off into the hills it's hard for us to find you.

Your independent streak has always instilled in me pride and exasperation. I'm proud of you for taking these steps to beging flying south on your own, I only wish you had exercised caution and waited to fly south with other adult whoopers, or maybe with your cohort.

Wherever you are, I hope you are safe. Never fear, we will continue searching for you. We will be looking for you on our way down with Migration. We will be looking for you by plane. We will continue looking for you once we've reached the south. I hope you find plenty of food and good tail winds.

All my love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment